About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, March 2, 2018

Altered Bottle with Shine


This is my project for this month's Creative Artiste.  Our sponsor this month is Hannah Oxberry, Mixed Media Artist.  Make sure you visit her blog and shop for creative ideas.

No automatic alt text available.

I decided this month to try another effect to alter a glass bottle.  I used chalk paint and acrylic paint for the first layer on my bottle and choose lighter colours because I really need spring to be here. To give the bottle some shine I used a combination of gold, copper and silver leaf along with a couple of mica powders. 

  Some other views of the bottle.




I embellished the bottle with a rubber stamp by the Old Island Rubber Stamp company , a metal heart, lace, beads  and a crystal from an old wall hanging.


Thank you for stopping by and remember to stop by our challenge blog to be inspired by our lovely design team. 

I am entering this project in the following challenges

Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Mixed Media
Mixed Media World - Mixed Media
Creative Moments - Anything Goes

Altered Eclectics - Mixed Media/Altered
Love to Craft - Anything Goes
The Creative Crafters - Anything Goes
The Creative Studio - Spring and Butterflies

13 comments:

  1. I love this bottle it’s gorgeous
    the different metal leaf they are my favourite things to use the shimmer looks ace xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another stunning altered bottle! I love the use of mica and the worn effect on the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done a magnificent job with altering this bottle! Gorgeous color and effects! Thank you for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just beautiful! Love all the details! Thanks for plying along with us at The Creative Crafters! Pam DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderfully altered bottle Judy. Lovely ageing effect with the metallic leaf details xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW love the effect of the mica powder on the lighter coloured background Yummy, fab bottle x Have a lovely weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the look of your bottle! You did great work putting it together,thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this effect, has got me inspired to try something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Simply stunning...would look lovely on my dresser..lol
    Thank you for playing along in our challenge this month at Rhedd's Creative Spirit..x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love the way you altered this bottle!! Thanks so much for joining us for the Canvas Corp Brands March Creative Studio Challenge! Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like how you altered this bottle...lovely colors! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month, Good Luck. Rupa.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely project. Thanks for joining us at Canvas Corp Brands.

    ReplyDelete