About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, May 3, 2019

Mixed Media Altered Bottle




It is time for another challenge at Creative Artiste this month.  Our theme this month, as always is Mixed Media. You must use multiple mediums on your project.

My project is an altered bottle. 


 Front 



Back 




Closer Look






I painted my bottle with black primer paste by Pentart and then added Stamperia's texture impression using Stamperia's Cream Paste. I just love their selection of texture plates.  The plate I used had 2 butterflies and a dragon fly in the pattern. I used heavy gel medium to glue the image to the bottle.  I coloured the image also with the primer. To highlight the image I used a combination of several colours of Pentart's wax paste and then dry brushed acrylic paint to highlight parts. 

To complete the project I added an embossed tag coloured with Stamperia's Cream Paste. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week.  Remember to stop by our challenge blog to view the inspiring creations of out altered design team. 

4 comments:

  1. A fabulous altered bottle Judy. Great relief textures and subtle shine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome result you got here Judy. Great colour combination and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dark colours you chose, and the highlight is perfect. Great altered bottle!

    ReplyDelete