About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Saturday, February 5, 2022

613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes - Optional Twist Valentine Whimsy

 We have a new challenge this week at 613 Avenue Create and our theme is as always "Anything Goes".  The Optional Twist is Valentine Whimsy.



I chose to go with the Valentine theme but went more traditional card. I made this card for my husband using some mixed media paper I had made with my Gelli Plate and Acrylic paints.

I used this pretty heart cutting die  for the card along with a heart cutting die and letters from another set. I used glossy black card stock behind the the hearts to give the card some shine. 

Closer look.




Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week.  Please join us this month, we would love to see your creations.


I am entering this card in the following challenges

Lil Patch of Crafty Friends - Always Anything Goes 

Simon Says stamp Challenges  –  With Love

Paper Funday – ATG w/Opt. hugs & kisses

Make the Cards  - Valentine

We Love 2 Create  - Anything Creative/Mixed Media Goes


7 comments:

  1. Hey, Judy!
    I absolutely love your project! I always enjoy seeing "holiday" creations presented in unexpected formats and colors. The colors on your project are definitely unexpected. They are also fabulous! The black makes a very bold statement that elevates your design and adds character!

    Thanks so much for joining the team! Your contribution to the team has been awesome and I am so glad that you are here at 613 Avenue Create!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing, Judy! I can't say enough about that awesome background you created on the geli plate. The colorful panel looks amazing with the black matting. Just awesome. Happy to be part of the 613 team with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, so many bright colors and with black in background is perfect. Vesna

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is awesome! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Make The Cards Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    MAKE THE CARDS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover die and I've got a Gelli plate that I forget about. I need to dust it off and have a play, Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at The Paper Funday Challenges! Donna

    ReplyDelete