About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, December 4, 2022

A Place to Start - December Anything Goes Challenge/Optional Twist Happy Holidays

Time for another great challenge over at a Place to Start. This month challenge is anything goes with an optional twist of Happy Holidays. 

I used this old mantle clock to create my  Christmas scene.  

I used gesso on the old clock and added some snow I made by grading some Styrofoam  into some snow like pieces. The Scooter Santa is a digi from the collection of Christmas stamps by Power Poppy by Marcella Hawley  The snowman is a die cut from Tim Holtz Wonderland  die. I added a Christmas die cut sentiment, some small old Christmas ornaments and white Christmas  I found in a thrift store, and some Christmas bells from the dollar store.  My Santa was coloured with Copics and glitter. 

 




Thank you for stopping by and have a wonderful holiday and I hope you will join us in 2023. 

3 comments:

  1. Wow it's awesome. I love the texture it has and all the little details and decorations you've added. I love it. Hugs, María.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Judy! Sorry for the tardy comment! Your project is stunning! What a very clever idea!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Judy, I'm always amazed at the things you use and get inspired by - things I would never in a million years think of. This is a wonderful project. CarolG

    ReplyDelete