About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, December 2, 2022

Creative Artiste - Anything Goes Mixed Media - Encaustic Wax

Time for another great challenge over at Creative Artiste.

Our theme is always

"Anything Mixed Media Goes"

Please make sure you use multiple mediums on your projects.

Please respect that we do not currently accept Instagram or Facebook entries. Only correctly linked blog entries please. 

This is my project for this challenge, an encaustic Christmas scene.

I painted my wood cradle with 4 layers of bees wax and then prepared a piece of rice paper by SkokArt Sister colouring the reverse of the paper with several colours of Pan Pastels. I used a yellow Pan Pastels to represent the light coming from the street lamps and building.

Next I fused the rice paper to the board with using bees wax. I added a few die cuts and findings to create my scene. I also rubber stamped some bricks and building texture to the picture along with die cut the choir scene and some Indian ink lines.  My final touches were the Merry Christmas, glittered star and Mars Black R & F pigment stick around the edges of the canvas.

Closer views




Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week.  Pop over to Creative Artiste to be inspired by our talented design team. Hope you will join us this month.  We are taking a break after this challenge and will return in February. Have a very Happy Holidays.  Merry Christmas and Happy New Years. 

 

4 comments:

  1. I love the wax effect and never dared to give a go...Here it gives such a fabulous background to your sihouettes. Have a happy festive season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous Christmas scene! I love the effect you created with the wax, it adds such depth to the background - amazing 😊. Happy December! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful Judy. The wax has certainly brought this lovely scene to life. Merry /christmas and Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful canvas Judy. You've created a wonderful vintage scene and the wax technique adds an impressive effect. Happy New Year, may 2023 be a good one for you xx

    ReplyDelete