About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, October 2, 2026

Creative Artiste - October Challenge - Mixed Media Challenge - Anything Goes

 

Welcome to our October 2026 Challenge

 Our theme is always

"Anything Mixed Media Goes"

Please make sure you use multiple mediums on your projects. Please respect that we do not currently accept Instagram or Facebook entries. Only correctly linked.

This is my project for October, a mixed media portrait of my mother. I believe my mom was in her late teens or early 20ies in this picture.  She was station at a air force base in northern Alberta. She had lied about her age to get into the air force. 



This is the background I created for my project. 

To create the background I used

  • A 12 X 12 wooden frame
  • A crochet that I had made for a different project
  • An assortment of Acrylic paints in different colours
  • Sparkle Paint
  • Heavy paper strips  to create a textured back ground
  • From my stash, left over circle frames
  • Metal pieces from an old belt painted
  • Hand crafted butterflies
  • An assortment of decorative flowers from my stash
  • Wooden flower head from the dollar store
  • Wedding dress beading





Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week. Remember to pop by our challenge blog to be inspired by our talented design team.  Please join us here again soon. 

Hugs

Judy  DT


No comments:

Post a Comment