About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, July 1, 2016

Altered Mixed Media Board - Another Time


Time for another Anything Goes Challenge at Altered Eclectics this month.  Altered Eclectics is an altered art and mixed media challenge blog.  Hope you will join us in this challenge. 

For the challenge I have created an mixed media canvas using one of the images from Tim Holtz's idea-ology collection called Found Relatives.  Found Relatives is a collection of 24 vintage portrait cards that can be used for collage or mixed media projects. 

I really had a lot of fun making my collage.  I found in a garage sale a book of engineering drawing and designs that the home owner gave me for free.  It has very interesting drawing throughout the book.  I layered torn pages of the book to my canvas.  When you look closely you can see the drawing peak through. 

Closer look




My next step was to add some napkin pieces that had antique clocks all over them.  I did some stenciling with a couple of Tim Holtz's stencils then added a thin layer of paint over my collage and some stamped images.  Once I was happy with the effect I layered some papers I had collected including a couple of antique doctor's prescriptions that I found on a trip to Arizona.  The prescriptions were from the New York area and  dated about 1919.  That was quite a find for me. 
I also layered  ephemera papers from my staff  along with tags, sentiments, a key, a brad and clogs. 

Hope you enjoyed my project.  Thank you for stopping by. Remember to stop by our challenge blog to see the beautiful work of the design team.

I am entering this canvas in the following challenges:

Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes
CCEE Stampers - Mixed Media
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Mixed Media World - From Scrap to Masterpiece 

9 comments:

  1. A stunning board Judy,love all the layers and techniques and the image is perfect.How fab that you picked up some old prescriptions.. a lucky find...x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the queen of mixed media, Judy. Antiquing. Now, that's fun, too. Nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining our Challenge at Craft Your Passion Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What stunning work on this remarkable mixed media layout! Thank you for sharing it with the CCEE Stampers in their Mixed Media Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you have created yet another stunning project - yuou have captured Vintage feel perfectly Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. you have created yet another stunning project - yuou have captured Vintage feel perfectly Judy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I said above but with my DT hat on for Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Just lover the vintage feel you have captured hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the layers and the vintage feel! Jane :) X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful make...I ,ov e the various things you have used to build up this frame. This is so so vintage and I love it. Thank you for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Journey this month, Good luck, Rupa (DT).

    ReplyDelete