About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, July 1, 2016

Chipboard Challenge at Creative Artiste



It is a chipboard challenge this week at Creative Artiste and we have a very special sponsor this week, Scrapmatts.   Check out their online store for a great selection of chip board, stencils and other artist supplies. 


I made this canvas for one of my sisters who retired in June using a picture of our mother as the focal point on my project. I hope my sister enjoys my project.  I have always loved this picture of my mother when she was young.  

 The background of the canvas used a combination of inks, dictionary papers, rubber stamps, stencils and acrylic paints. Once I had my background   the way I wanted it I started layering my papers, doilies, die cuts and metal frames.  I framed my picture of my mom with a pretty Scrapmatts' frame, then started to pile on my findings which included a locket hearts, my mother's name, pearls, brads and flowers.  

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.  Remember to stop by our challenge blog to see the inspiring projects of the design team.  They work very hard to find projects that they hope to inspire you. Hope you will join us this month. 

Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes

CCEE Stampers - Mixed Media
Inspiration Destination - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything goes
Artistic Inspirations - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Mixed Media World - From Scrap to Masterpiece 
Crafty Girls Creations - Anything Goes
Southern Girls - Anything Goes
Love to Create - Anything Goes Mixed Media




8 comments:

  1. Beautiful Judy thank you for joining us over on
    Inspiration Destination
    Dianne xx
    IDCB DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous floral frame you have created for this wonderful vintage photo. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work with the CCEE Stampers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful canvas for your sister.Just love the detail of the frame you've built up around the photo.I'm sure she will treasure this.Thanks for joining us at Craft Your Passion.Hope to see you again next week.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful Mum and has been placed within perfect surroundings - you have put together somethng so special and I am sure your sister will love it Judy.

    Thank you for sharing over at Rhedd's Creative Spririt this month - much love always xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful project!
    Thanks for joining our challenge at Through the craft room door!
    Hope to see you back next week!

    Aly DT member TTCRD
    www.stempelhus.nl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely Stunning Judy You have doen Scrapmatts justice... Once we go live with our challenge you are also welcome to add to to Scrapmatts.com Facebook pace and or joining Scrapmatts ning page and adding your creation to the gallery...

    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely Judy! Such pretty texture and colours. Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your feminine board is classy too, I love the soft colors and the textures. Thank you for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Journey this month, Good luck, Rupa (DT).

    ReplyDelete