About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Starts With "B"


Shopping Our Stash Challenge (#49) theme this week is “starts with a B”. I have many Bs on my card; birthday, bling, brad and butterfly.

The technique I used was water colouring with distressed inks.  I stamped my water  colour paper with my hydrangea stamp (PSX) and embossed the image with white embossing powder.  I then sponged distressed inks on to my stamped images.  Once I had the desired effect I sprayed the paper with water, let the inks run and then let the paper dry.  Next I then sprayed my butterfly and the card base with Glitz Spritz by Moon Glow to give the card some glimmer. I pull out my tag curler for the first time in a very long time and added a happy birthday tag and ribbon.  My final step was to add some brads and bling to complete the card.

Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a very creative day.

Judy

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Judy! I'm tickled to have found someone else with a tag curler - did you see my post from last Sunday? LOL! Could have used a birthday tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh this is just gorgeous! Love butterflies! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete