About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Make Stencil the Star



I was looking around the blog world today looking for a new art journal project and came across Mix Media World's make a Stencil the Star challenge.  I have several stenciled faces and thought I would use this one by Stencil Girl to create my page called Pretty as a Peacock.   

I stenciled my face using  black molding paste. The paper I used for the face was a piece of Gelli paper from my stash that I had created a long time ago.   I loved how this stencil turned out.  My next step was to use some water colour paper and colour the paper randomly with the colours similar to the face then with white acrylic paint I stenciled  using a Circle and Splatter stencil by Crafter's Work Shop.   I also randomly rubber stamped some feathers on the background with a old stamp by PSX. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.  

I am entering this are journal page in the following challenges:

Scrappers Delights   Always Anything Goes 
Crafting-With-Friends  Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack  Anything Goes
PDE Linky Party   Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks  Anything Goes
Anything but a Card Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs  Anything Goes 
Rhedd's Creative Spirit  Anything Goes
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes




11 comments:

  1. Colorful project! Great job! Thanks for playing at 613 Avenue Create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Great journal page. TFS and joining us this week at Jo's

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool.
    Thanks for playing at PDE Linky Party!
    DT Janis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this is phenomenal piece of art! Love it!! Thank you so much for sharing your amazing creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab page and you've used my favourite stencil. Thanks for sharing with us MMW this month
    Love
    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous job hun and loving the colors and textures Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    DT The Mirror Crack'd
    DT Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally awesome. I love it. Thanks for linking up over at PDE Linky Party Would love to have you link up over at 2 Creative Chicks too.

    Have a creative day.
    Nana DT Member
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! For a moment I thought this was some digital art. Superb background and great use of the face stencil.Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good luck. Rupa(DT).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing your creation with us at Pause Dream Enjoy, Jackie CT member

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning you have made the stencil a star welldone. thanks for playing along at MMW, hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very creative!! Thank you for joining us at Scrapper's Delights! Maria

    ReplyDelete