About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, August 3, 2015

Mad Hatter Art Journal Page




The book Alice in Wonderland turned 150 years old this month and I thought it was fitting that I create am art journal page using this great Mad Hatter digital image from SLS Lines, one of our sponsors this month at Not Just Cards

 https://www.etsy.com/shop/SLSLines

To make my journal page I added several different colours of acrylic paints to my background and used a brayer to mix the colours. I added my Mad Hatter image to the page and colured the image with my Copics, gell pen and a glitter pen.  To complete the journal page I added a coordinating piece of ribbon, washi tape and a sentiment that I created on my computer. 

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.  Join us at Not Just Cards this month.  Just create your project and enter it here

I am entering this art journal page on the following challenges:

Scrappers Delights   Always Anything Goes 
Anything but a Card Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs  August Anything Goes 
Rhedd's Creative Spirit  Anything Goes
Our Creative Corner  Mexico Moods

Scrappers Delights   Always Anything Goes 
Crafting-With-Friends  Anything Goes
4 Crafty Chicks  Anything Goes
Anything but a Card Anything Goes
Crafting By Designs  Anything Goes 
Rhedd's Creative Spirit  Anything Goes
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes
The Mix Media Place - Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. Love the bright colors in here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your journal page is simply fantastic! I love the colors you used and the layout. Thank you so much for sharing your amazing talent with us at 4 Crafty Chicks Anything Goes Challenge.

    Tamie DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Hatter and all things Alice! Awesome colors! Thanks for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! ~Nanette, DT~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this great colours love the mad hatter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for entering our Not Just Cards this month and good luck!
    Monica - DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is just gorgeous... Are you kidding me... Alice is 150 years old !!!! Wowzer, love love all the colors your chose Thank you for creating with us in our very last challenge at Anything But A Card !

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a beautiful, colourful page. Love it! Thank you for entering your project at Rhedd’s Creative Spirit. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun...love all the colour. Thanks for joining in at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun card! Great colors! Thank you for joining in the fun at Mixed Media Place this month! ...but unfortunately the theme this month wasn't quite anything goes but important words...

    ReplyDelete
  10. A wonderful journal page, I love the image, thank you for sharing it with us at Altered Eclectic.
    xxx Hazel.

    ReplyDelete