About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, August 3, 2015

Mix Media Butterflies



I have been playing with my Brusho colour crystals this week and I decided to join in the Mix Media Card Challenge this month.  The theme of the challenge is butterflies. 

 I coloured my background with my brushos by sprinkling water on my card and blowing the colours around with a can of air. Once I had my background the way I wanted I stamped my clematis  and butterfly stamps on my card.  My next step was to added more Brusho colour to my butterflies with a paint brush and finish the card off with a ribbon, threaded pearls and a sentiment.  

Products I used to make my card:

Stampendous Butterfly rubber stamp
PSX Clematis rubber stamp
Stampin Up sentiment rubber stamp
Brusho Crystals 
White ribbon
Threaded Pearls 

Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.  I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Mix Media Card Challenge - Butterflies
Cheerful Stamp Pad - Anything Goes
2 Creative Chicks - Anything Goes
Paradise of Stamps - Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for the Cheerful Stamp Pad challenge 117, Hazel, DT - hope to see you again soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation, love the background colours and fab. butterflies Thanks for playing along with the Cheerful Stamp pad for the anything goes challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute card. Thanks for playing with us at Paradise of stamps.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so pretty.... love the coloring and colors...

    Thank you for joining us at Scribbles Designs #31 Birthday Bonanza Challenge... be sure to drop by the blog for the weekly Freebie Friday image and monthly free image on our challenge...

    Sandy S
    (Owner/Designer Scribbles Designs)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for the Cheerful Stamp Pad!
    xoxo

    Karla

    ReplyDelete