About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, April 1, 2019

Altered Eclectics - Altered Box

It is already the first of April and time for another mixed media/altered art challenge at Altered Eclectics

I decided to altered a pottery box that I was given years ago.  

This is the box I started with.


This is my box when I completed altering  it.



To created my altered box I first painted my box with black gesso, then to parts sections of the box I added crackling paste. I then used dye inks and acrylic paints in yellow, green and aqua blue to add colour to the box. 

To complete my box I added some roses that I had painted in the colors of my project.  The roses were ceramic and in their previous life they were  decorations on shower hooks.  I had to get the help of my husband to take the roses off of the hooks but it was worth it.  I got a set of 20 hooks at a thrift store for $1.00 which has given me 17 left over to use on future projects.  

This is another view.




Thank you for stopping by and have a creative week. Remember to pop over to our challenge blog to be inspired by our creative design team members. 

I am entering this project in the following challenges:

Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
A Inky Mess - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

5 comments:

  1. This is so pretty! Love the shape of the box, what a great substrate to play with! I have a real weakness for crackle paste, and it's come out so beautifully! And what a great find on those hooks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty, Judy. I love the colors. Great job. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful transformation, amazing crackle and those colours are magnificent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Judy this is stunning. Love the bright colours and that crackle adds so much to this beautiful box. Great buy with those flowers and glad hubby helped you out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you interested in any kinds of hacking services?
    Feel free to contact TECHNECHHACKS@GMAIL.COM.

    For years now we’ve helped so many organizations and companies in hacking services.
    TECHNECHHACKS is a team of certified hackers that has their own specialty and they are five star rated hackers.


    we deal with the total functioning of sites like,



    + SOCIAL MEDIA (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, google hangout etc.)

    + CREDIT CARDS INSTALLATION

    + WESTERN UNION TRANSFER

    + MONEY FLIPPING

    + BANK ACCOUNTS

    + IOS/OS

    + CRIMINAL RECORDS

    + SCHOOL GRADES

    + CREDIT SCORES

    + SPOUSES PHONE

    + BTC RECOVERY

    + BTC MINING


    Thus bewere of scammers because most persons are been scammed and they ended up getting all solutions to their cyber bullies and attacks by US.

    I am Jason williams one of the leading hack agent.

    PURPOSE IS TO GET YOUR JOBS DONE AT EXACTLY NEEDED TIME REQUESTED!!!



    And our WORK SUCCESS IS 100%!!!



    I’m always available for you when you need help.

    Contact or write us on:

    Technechhacks@gmail.com

    Thanks for your time.

    ReplyDelete