About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, August 1, 2016

Altered Canvas


New Challenge at Altered Eclectics this month and this is my project I made to inspire you to join in the fun.  

This canvas I made for a present for one of my sister's retirement.  The picture is of  our mother taken when she was young.  I think the picture was taken about 1948 and was one of my favourite pictures of her. 

The background of the canvas was created using acrylic paints, parts of a napkin, doilies, stencils, a frame and tag. Once my background was created I added my photograph and then layered my finding, butterflies, pearls, key,  and flowers.  I hope my sister enjoys my gift to her. 

Remember to pop over to the Altered Eclectics Challenge blog to see the beautiful projects the design team  have created to inspire you. 

I am entering this canvas in the following challenges:
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes
Things to Alter -  Anything Goes
613 Avenue Create - Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous tribute to a gorgeous lady. Love all the texture and composition is just right hun - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great textures and play of colors and a wonderful gift to your sister.Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck, Rupa, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful pesonalised canvas love the vintage photo and all the texture -your sister will treasure it ---Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely idea for a present Judy! Love all your layers and the texture, Jane :) X

    ReplyDelete
  5. With my RCS DT hat on - you alrteady know what I think of your beautiful tribute hun - Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit


    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so fab Judy! Love all the texture, and such a beautiful picture too. Thank you for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious and most thoughtful gift! Your mom is beautiful and this background is too, just stunning!

    ReplyDelete