About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, August 22, 2016

By or Under the Sea Challenge


This weeks challenge at Crafty CardMakers is By or Under the Sea.  When I heard the theme I thought of lost treasure and I had the perfect small metal box in my stash that was perfect for the challenge.  

We are sponsored for this challenge by

With a prize of £12.00 to spend at your favourite Woodware Stockist, either in store or on line.



I coloured the inside of my box in blue and white and added some bubbles.  I then added a mermaid by Faery Ink that I coloured with Copics, Diamond Glaze, and a Wink of Stella.  I filled my box with gems, pearls, shells and other findings.  Next I added  some fun fish by Miss Rach and an anchor. 


Here are some other views of my assemblage. 






Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a creative day.  Come join us at Crafty CardMakers this week for this fun challenge.  Pop Over to their challenge blog to see the beautiful projects of the design team.   

I am entering this project in the following challenges:


Creative Fingers - Anything Goes with Faery Ink

Crafting with the Heart- Anything Goes
Crafty Boots - Anything but a Card
Simon Says Stamp Blog - Go Fish
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes
Crafting Musketeers - Anything but a Card
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
Southridge Trading Company -Anything Summer
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything goes

15 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Thank you :) miss rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. You right this is perfect, love it. Have a great week, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous interpretation of the challenge theme - I hesitate to say thinking outside the box! I love your little tableau Judy. Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Judy! What an amazing creation. Just beautiful.

    :) Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness just how awesome this creation turned out to be. All those amazing elements. Totally fantabulous. Jaw dropping gorgeous Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet mermaid and scene you made Judy! Thanks for joining in at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project, so love it! You do such lovely work.
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous project, so love it! You do such lovely work.
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet..loving the treasure box.
    Thank you for joining in with this months challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Judy this is so awesome! Very creative.

    Bec

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a beautiful project Judy...love your treasure chest and your adorable mermaid...thank you so much for sharing with us over at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...enjoy your weekend...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such fun and such a great idea, love it. Thanks for joining in at Crafty Boots Challenges this time.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a gorgeous treasure chest - your imagination knows no bounds hun - Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an absolutely incredible scene you've brought to life here! It made me want to retire and go be a mermaid! I could do it if I had treasure to pay my bills! I loved the dimension and detail you added here and the color palette is so perfect for underwater! This made my imagination soar and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing something so original! Thank you for sharing your talents with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Treasure chest! Love how you created the scene and add all the little bits to the chest. Thanks for joining us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
    -Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

    ReplyDelete