About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, August 5, 2016

Mixed Media Memory Box


Time for another great challenge at Creative Artiste this month. The mixed media theme is anything goes.  Our sponsor this month is StamplorationsStamplorations has a great selection of stamps and stencils.  I have used a weathered wood stencil to make my memory box. 

Top view of the box.


I used a plain dollar store wooden box for my box which I used a weather wood stencil to give the box the texture and look of an old box. I created the texture with molding past and used three brown tone colours of acrylic paint.  My focal point of the box is a collage using several photo cards from Tim Holtz's found relatives cards, Tim Holtz film strip die, tag that I stamped with a love poem stamp, and real film strips from my stash. 

To complete my project I added several findings including  metal corners, locket, key, jute trim, and a clock. 

Hope you will join us this month at Creative Artiste.  Pop over to our Creative Artiste challenge blog to see the inspiring creations of the design team.  Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.  


I am entering this project in the following challenges:
Crafting with Friends - Anything Goes
Crafting with Attitude- Anything Goes
Julie Spiri - Anything Goes - Vintage
Incy  Wincy Designs - Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
Happy Little Stamper Mixed Media - Recycle
Rhedd's Creative Spirit- Mixed media
Love to Create - Anything Goes Mixed Media

11 comments:

  1. This is great, Judy. Wouldn't it be nice to find it in an attic and open it up to all kinds of pictures and love letters and trinkets? Beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy - this is such a beautiful memory box you have made. That wooden stencil makes the box look really good.
    Hugs,
    Bev xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A brilliant project Judy. The wooden box looks fabulous and I love your collage xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A brilliant project Judy. The wooden box looks fabulous and I love your collage xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very cool! I thought that box was an old vintage one.. Have got to try this! Love your creation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely this box. I like the vintage style of it.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion Good luck!! Michelle(DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Judy This Box turned out amazing and such a beaut keepsake... I love how it turned out...

    Hugs Rhonda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is delightfully vintage..I just love it. I have some of those cards Judy..but I love them that much I have not used one yet,lol...
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge this month over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit..x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Judy such a splendid vintage box - love it - Thank you for sharing with us over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so lovely Judy! Thank you for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a nice vintage look you created!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit!

    ReplyDelete