About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, February 24, 2014

Dresser Birthday Card




I made this dresser birthday card for a friend who loves the colour green.  I thought this sexy little party dress was just right for her.  I found the directions  for the dresser card here

The products I used for this card are:

  • Digital Image by Tiffany Doodles
  • Copic Markers for colouring
  • Green glitter to add sparkle
  • Brads for the drawer pulls
  • Label  punch by Stampin Up
  • Birthday sentiment from my stash 
  • Spellbinder Nestabilities Die - Label 10
  • Distress Ink - Tea dye 
  • Lace for the drawer from my stash
  • Pearl


Thank  you for stopping by to take a look.  Have a creative day.



Judy

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Incy Wincy Designs -Birthdays
My Craft Creations - Always Anything Goes
Ooh La La Creations - Fashionista
One Stitch At A Time - Girly.
The Hobby House -Anything Goes
Creatalicious Challenges -Pearls and Glitter
Die Cut Divas- Girls Night Out


11 comments:

  1. I love your dresser card. That dress is just darling. That touch of lace peeking out the top drawer is perfect.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like the dresser card. Have seen others but no link for directions so I;m glad you provided and I'll definitely ck it out. Like the colors, sparkle on dress & bit of lace is a nice added touch. Thank you for entering OSAAT Ch201 Girly.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant Judy, a fabulous dresser card and I imagine your friend is going to just love this. The dress is awesome and ooooooooooo magical sparkly top :) :) :) Good luck in this weeks OSAAT challenge. Hugs Jane OAAAT DT xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. judy judy judy!!!! how on earth did you come up with this!!!! it is absolutely gorgeous. I am shocked how amazing it is - never having seen something like this that was not a huge project but was rather a card. just brilliant judy, just wonderful. i wish you the very best of luck with OSAAT on winning the 7 pack of digi images from STITCH BEAR OUTLET worth 20.00. Best Samara DT OSAAT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is delightful! That dress is fabulous and so is the shape of the card. Thanks for sharing with us at Ooh La La. Michelle x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous
    Thanks for joining in at One Stitch At A Time this week
    Hugs Katie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally love this little dresser with this very cute little dress!!!

    Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came back to let you know that your card inspired me & I made a Dresser card also. Please ck out my link:
    http://createdbysunshinehoneybee.blogspot.com/2014/03/thinking-of-you-vintage-chest-of.html
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    OSAAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a clever idea, really fun card! Thank you for playing along with us at Ooh La La this fortnight, hope to see you back really soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow... this one is really cool. Thank you for joining us at Incy Wincy Challenge this week!
    Kaia, DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my Judy I just Love Love Love this dresser card!! I have always wanted to try this ....so thanks for reminding and inspiring me:)) Thanks also for sharing in the fun at Creatalicious!!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete