About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Queen of Hearts Blog Hop and Challenge at Quietfire Creations


There is a Queen of Hearts Blog Hop and Challenge at Quietfire Creations this week.  I thought this image I had in my stash called Her Majesty the Queen of Hearts that I purchased from Scrapbooks Stamp Society was perfect for the challenge.

I stamped and embossed in gold the background of my card with Quietfires Flourishes. I cut out my image with one of the Gold Majesty Circles dies and coloured the image with my Copic Markers.  I edged th image in gold, added a little glitter and some Diamond Glaze on the scepter.  

To complete the card I added a paper ribbon and some embossed heart stamps.

Thank you for stopping by to take a look and I hope you have a creative day. Remember my favourite quote by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.”


Judy 

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Going Grey With Scrap-Creations- Valentines Day
Papertake Weekly - With A Heart (include a heart)
Sassy Cheryl's -All About Hearts 
Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes

Artistic Inspirations -  Anything Goes / Valentine's Day

4 comments:

  1. Your card is AWESOME! Love the image and how you made the background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I LUV your Queen of Hearts. She looks so wicked! She is almost the anti-Valentine! LOL Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us at Artistic Inspirations.
    Louise x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one fierce Queen! I really like the flourishes in the background. Gold against black cannot be beat!

    ReplyDelete