About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Valentine Cupcake



There is a Valentine/Love challenge at Get Inky! Challenges this week and I created this cupcake card for the challenge. The lovely stamps for this card can be found here

What a fun card to make. I used a very old technique using shaving cream to represent the icing on the cupcake and to colour the hearts.  I added red ink to the shaving cream cream and stirred up the mixture until it looked like fluffy pink and white icing.  For the bottom of the cake I made the mixture very light and added it to some card stock that was cream in color and some what glossy. I stamped my images and sentiment with black Stazon ink.

To complete my card I embossed the background with a Sizzix heart embossing folder, added a white glittered ribbon, a butterfly and some bling. Now my card is ready for my sweetie. 

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will join in the challenge.  Just create your Valentine/love card and enter it here.  


Judy

Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge -Anything Goes
Crafty Calendar - Love Is All Around
The Hobby House - Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack - Anything Goes
Sister Act Card Challenge -Anything Goes
The Stamping Boutique - Clean & Simple
4 Krafty Girlz - Anything Goes
Kitty Bee Designs - Valentine's/Love
Crafters Companion Clean & Simple
 Imagination Crafts Challenge -Love Is In The Air



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Design, thank you for joining us over at Suzy bee's Bloomin Challenge, we would love you to join us again next week for another fun challenge...
    Hugs
    Suzy B~Owner~Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card! I am loving that marble paper, so cute on the cupcake! I also love the embossing. Thanks for joining us at Jo's FFC;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, super image. Thanks for joining us at Kitty Bees with our love challenge hugs Tania (DT)XX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love the swirly cupcake!! Thanks for joining us at TSB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The shaving cream makes awesome frosting. Thanks for sharing with us at The Stamping Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 15: anything goes - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete