About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, November 1, 2015

Joy - Mixed Media Board

It is time for another challenge at Altered Eclectics this month.  My mix media board is my project for this months "anything goes" challenge. 



Here are a couple of close ups of the project.





Some of the products I used on this project were:

several colours of blue and silver ink sprays
white, silver and blue acrylic paint
Cheese cloth
lace
assortment of snowflakes, poinsettia, roses, bells and butterflies
broken angel ornament
pearls and buttons
1/4 moon
scrapbook letters
shabby blue embossing enamel 
goose bumps sprays

Lots of fun making this project. Thank you for stopping by.  Remember my favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.”

I am entering this mix media board in the following challenges:

Creative Artiste Challenge - Lace and Pearls
The Mirror Crack'd - Wall hangings
Not Just Cards - Anything Goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes
Crafting-With-Friends Always Anything Goes

Creative Fingers -  Always Anything Goes 
Winter Wonderland -Anything Christmas Goes
4 Crafty Chicks - Anything Goes
Fab 'n' Funky - Christmas
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. A beautifully decorated board. I love the soft colour and subtle shimmer. All the details are wonderful - especially the angel - and the whole arrangement has fabulous depth.
    Thank you for joining in with the October challenge "Lace and Pearls" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what an awesome piece of Mixed Media, I love all the techniques, you have used and the details on the angel, as well as all the flowers, I love the colour... Thank you for joining in on our challenge over at Creative Artiste's Mixed Media Challenge.. Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon...

    Hugs Rhonda DT xx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow, what a stunning piece this is! Look at all that lovely detailing! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love everything about your piece of art! Thank you for sharing it with us at The Mirror Crack'd challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much lovely detail here Judy. Love that girl in the corner!

    Thanks for sharing this with us

    What a fabulous tag. The background is bright and vibrant and the contrasting colours in the flower arrangement looks gorgeous. Lots of lovely detail and dimension!

    Thanks for sharing this stunner with us, and look forward to seeing what you create for us via the team next month!

    Lin
    The Mirror Crack'd

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing mix media board, love the colours you have used. Thanks so much for playing along at Winter Wonderland this week. Hugs Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this so much! The little cupid seems so right at home on this beautiful mixed media piece! Thanks for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nanette, DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on being chosen in our top 3 this month, so pop pver there and get your Top3 badge, and add it to you accomplishments... :)
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

    Hugs Rhonda DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this hun gorgeous colours and composition - thank you for sharing over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wintery and cool! Love the cool blues here.Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good luck, Rupa(DT).

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgeous, love the monochromatic effect ♥♥

    ReplyDelete