About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, November 9, 2015

Ribbon and Pearls Challenge at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenges


Hi! This is my card for this weeks challenge at Holly Jolly Christmas Challenges.  The theme of the challenge this week is Ribbon and Pearls.  I have used a free images from Dr. Digi, one of our sponsors of this challenge. The image is called baubles.
I had fun making this card and used an old technique using Future Floor Polish and glitter for the colouring of the Christmas ball.  I printed my image on acetate then turned the acetate over and added about a quarter size spot of Future Floor Polish and spread it over the back of the image. My next step was to sprinkle glitter over the floor polish and let it dry. I used used some Kooky Kolors (limited edition) that I purchased from the Art Institute Glitter House in Cottonwood Arizona. Barbara Trombley's Art Glitter come in a variety of colours and available online and at many retailers.   Once the image was dry I cut the Christmas ball out.  

I printer a second image on some paper that was complementary to the glitter, cut it out and glued it behind the original image.  My next step was to add the Christmas ball to some sliver paper that I had die cut and embossed.  I added a die cut sentiment next then layered everything on to my card base. 
 To complete my card I added my bow and pearls. 

I love how the card sparkles.  Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.  Pop over the Holly Jolly to see the fabulous cards made by the design team to inspire you.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Crafting from the Heart - Always Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Always Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - Always Anything Goes
Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge Blog Anything goes + Option:Pearls & Lace/Ribbon
Where the HeART is - Anything Goes/Winter Blues
Whoopsi Daisy - Lots of Layers
The Ribbon Girls - Anything Goes
We Love 2 Create  - Anything Creative/ Mixed Media Goes 

8 comments:

  1. Great card thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Judy beautiful card
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good Luck and hope to see you again

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator



    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Judy, I love your bauble card all that glitter looks fab. I must say I have never heard of the technique you used but looks great. Thanks for sharing with us I our challenge at Whoopsi Daisy and we would you to join us again. Jennifer DT member xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Judy!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Welcome again and Good Luck!Gr.Kaija DT-member

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very beautiful. Thank you so much for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Good luck!!! Patricia DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Christmas card - thank you for joining in with the Ribbon Girl November Card Challenge - good luck - Mary x www.ribbongirl.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely this bauble. I like the lots of glitter.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion.
    Good luck. xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful - love that glitter and the embossed paper finishes the card perfectly.

    Thanks for joining us at Where the HeART Is.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete