About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Thursday, November 5, 2015

Water, Water......

 I am so excited to announce that I am part of The Mirror Crack'd design team.  What a wonderful group of very talented ladies I get to work with.  

For the purpose of defining mix media at The Mirror Crack'd it is a mixture of any of the following and more besides:-

Texture paste, Gesso, inks both spray and from ink pads, embossing powders, paints, chalks, gilding wax, and gilding flakes. Found items such as old keys, buttons (granny's button box is a great place to look for some fabulous old and intricate buttons), zip pulls, zips, recycled cans, bottles, boxes etc.

Our theme this month is water

Splish, splash, splosh!
Water is such an integral part of our lives, the weather, rain, snow or storms. The landscape, the ocean, rivers and waterfalls. In our homes, cooking and cleaning. So many sports involve water, leisure and pleasure!
Show us your inspiration, what will you create?
We are intrigued, will it be a scrap page, a canvas, a card, a 3D project or a tag?



Some of the products I used to make my canvas are:

Gesso
canvas
modeling paste
acrylic paints
spray inks
rubber stamps
digital images
dies
real shells
artificial shells
distress ink
buttons
pearls
cheese cloth
small alphabet tiles

PLEASE REMEMBER ANYTHING MIXED MEDIA/ALTERED ART IS ACCEPTABLE EXCEPT CARDS

Thank you for stopping by and I hope you have a very creative month. Pop over to The  Mirror Crack'd challenge blog to see the designs and projects of the rest of the design team have created to inspire you. 

I am entering this project in the following challenge:

Crafting with an Attitude - Anything Goes
Creative Moments - Always Anything Goes 
Crafty Girls Creations  Always Anything Goes 
Inspiration Destination - Always Anything Goes 
Wonderful Wednesdays - Always Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - Always Anything Goes
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes

7 comments:

  1. Loving your canvas Judy, very atmospheric. Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I love the beach and this is so my style! Love it and congrats on the DT job love their challenges so hope to see you there! Thanks for joining us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month! Nanette, DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Judy,

    This is wonderful! I love all the work that went in to making it.

    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful beach scene. Love all the embellishments. Thanks for joining the Crafting With An Attitude challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi this is a stunning canvas I love the scene you have created. Thank you for joining us this month at Not Just Cards for challenge 26. Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I so love this canvas...I love anything nautical...gorgeous artwork.
    Thank you for joining in with our challenge over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit...xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. My word where do you find the time to keep creating masterpieces hun - thank you for sharing over at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month.

    ReplyDelete