About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Saturday, November 7, 2015

Lots of Sparkle



I love this digital image from A Day for Daisies called Candy Elf  and chose it for this Lots of Sparkles challenge at Come and Get It this week.   A Day for Daisies is one of the sponsors for this challenge and I just love there cute digital images. 



I used a die and then used an embossing folder to add texture to the poinsettia  that I cut out of some shiny vellum paper and added some pearls for sparkle. I coloured the image with Copics and added some gold glitter to the Christmas Ball and some fluff to the balls at the end of her hat.  To complete mt card  I added a die sentiment. 

Thank you for stopping by.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas - bright or sparkly colours 
Simply Papercraft - Always Anything Goes
Crafty Girls Creations - Always Anything Goes 
TIME OUT Challenges - Christmas + optional twist: use purple &/or pink
ABC Christmas Challenge -  'V' is for Very Cute
Creative Moments - Always Anything Goes 
Inspiration Destination - Always Anything Goes 
The Crafty Addicts Anything Goes/ Use A Die Cut 
A Day for Daisies -  Add Texture

8 comments:

  1. She is sweet. Great colours and lovely flower.
    Thanks for playing with us at Inspiration Destination.
    Good luck. xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colour combo and love the added shine. Great colour for the poinsettia. Thaks for joining us at TO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute, Judy. Love the colors. The poinsettia is beautiful. I have this image also and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the cute image,great colouring and beautiful poinsettia--Thank you for joining us at Simply Papercrafts
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just lovely! What a pretty color combo, and I love your shiny poinsettia. Thanks for joining us at A Day for Daisies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 254 - you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous texture created by the beautiful purple flower - thanks for joining us for our "Add Texture" challenge at A Day for Daisies this fortnight!
    Love
    Jen L ADFD DT

    ReplyDelete