About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, November 6, 2015

Love Heart



I made this tag for an upcoming tag swap at  Inky Fun Stampers this month and I thought I would share it with you. 

I used some cardboard from the recycle bin to cut out my tag then torn some of the paper on it to reveal inside of the paper.  I liked the effect.  I then used a couple of colours of Tim Holtz paint dabbers to colour the tag.   I then stamped the tag with a script stamp called Italian Scrip by Hero Arts. The butterflies are die cut from some of my gell print paper.

The hearts were drawn  and cut out. The back heart I used some blue paint, shabby blue embossing enamel then doodle some dots on it.  The front heart was cut out of  another piece of gell print I had made and I stamped the word "love" using a old Stampin Up stamp I have in my collect.   I also doodled some dots along the edge of the heart.  To complete my tag I  added some ribbon. 

I am entering my tag in the following challenges:

My Sheri Crafts - Tags 
2 Creative Chicks - Anything Goes 
Let's Craft & Create Challenge - Ribbon or Twine
Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes
The Sisters of Craft - Anything Goes
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. HiJudy - love your tag. The colours you've used are stunning. Love how you've used the card for the tag - great how the corrugated part shows through. So many elements to look at. Thanks for joining us over at Creative Artiste this month. Hope to see you again soon - good luck!
    Hugs,
    Bev (DT) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning !
    Thanks for joining us at Let's craft and create Challenge blog and good Luck
    MARYVONNE, DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tag you have created Judy, I love the hearts... Thank you for joining in on our challenge over at Creative Artiste's Mixed Media Challenge.. Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon...

    Hugs Rhonda DT xx
    http://creativeartistemixedmedia.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty tag, beautiful colors and that heart is...ADORABLE!Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good luck, Rupa(DT).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice artwork! Love the colours and technique you used!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Sisters of Craft.Hope to see you next time as well.
    Hugs, Jacqueline ~ DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous tag, I love the colours! Thank you for joining us at Let's Craft and Create! Good luck!
    Catherine DT

    ReplyDelete