About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Having Tea in the Woods and Scary Spiders

It is time for an inspirational challenge at Forever Dark this month and this is my project for the challenge. 




I found this wood picture at the thrift store and thought it would make a base for my project. 


I took the wood picture apart and painted a background to accent my digital image that I was using for this month's challenge. The image I used for the project is by Jade Dragonne our sponsor this month.  I also added a moon, fence, raven, bats and some skeleton heads to complete the project. 




This is my second project for this challenge and I used another image from Jade Dragonne , our sponsor this week. 



I coloured my image with copic markers, glitter pen and PanPastels. I added my image to some spider pattern paper from my stash and added a spider  to complete the card. 


Thank you for stopping by and I hope you will join us this month at Forever Dark.  Pop over to their challenge blog to see the inspiring projects of the design team.   

I am entering my project in the following challenges:


Rhedd's Creative Spirit - Anything Goes
Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion - Always Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - Always Anything Goes
That Craft Place Mixed Media Anything Goes
We Love 2 Create  - Anything Creative / Mixed Media/ Inky Goes
Hiding in my Craft Room - Anything goes
Mix Media World - Gorgeous Textures
Our Creative Corner - Shades of Autumn
Altered Eclectics - Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. Nice projects, Judy. I love how you can turn thrift store bargains into art.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at HIMCR, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi your creations are amazing. Thank you for joining us this month at Not Just Cards . Hugs Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab find and love how you did this! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great 3D project! Just stunning! Thank you so much for joining us at TTCRD this week!
    Kamila DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh iI do love 3D projects and this Halloween one is fab. Thanks for joining in the challenge at That Craft place and good luck.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous project! Love the layers and beautiful image. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Craft Your Passion. We hope to see you again!
    ~ Bonnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project and the sassy girl looks right at home in the spooky background. Thanks for sharing with us at Altered Eclectics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. this is fantastic - loving it. Thank you for sharing with us over at Altered Eclectics this month and hope to see you again in future challenges.

    Handcrafted by Ellapu
    Mother Hen for Altered Eclectics
    Mother Hen for Eclectic Ellapu
    DT Rhedd's Creative Spirit
    DT The Mirror Crack'd
    DT Anything but a Card

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the way you have altered this. Thanks for sharing this with us at Rhedd's Creative Spirit this month. Good Luck. Rupa (DT).

    ReplyDelete