About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, September 21, 2015

Pirates and Princesses Challenge


We have a fabulous new sponsor at Incy Wincy Designs this week, Fabrika Fantasy. The theme of the challenge is Pirates and Princesses.  I used one of Fabrika's great images called Pirate Parrot 3  for this project. 
I coloured this image with Copic Markers and then framed the image with a life preserver  digital image from  Scrapbookgraphics  and added some die cuts from Joy Craft's dies called Seashore along with a sentiment that I created on my computer. It was a very fun card to make.

Hope you will join us this week at Incy Wincy designs.   Remember to pop over to their challenge blog to see the other great creations of the very talented design team. Thank you for stopping by 

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Crafting from the Heart - Always Anything Goes
Craft Your Passion -  Always Anything Goes
Get Creative Challenges - Fantasy
Love to Scrap - Anything Goes
Not Just Cards - Always Anything Goes
Crafting-With-Friends  Anything Goes
Jo's Scrap Shack - Boys to Men

8 comments:

  1. Very interesting idea with the image of the life preserver and great colouring! We hope your card will inspire other crafters to make their own beautiful creations. Thank you, Judy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fitting background layout to your pirate image. Thank you for entering our anything goes challenge at Love To Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a FUN card!! Love the image! The colors are fantastic! Thank you for stopping by Jo's Scrap Shack and playing along in our challenge this week!
    Hugs,
    Jo
    ♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! Thank you so much for joining us at Craft Your Passion. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card. Love your pirate :D TFS and joining us at Jo's this week for Funday Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! Love the fact you used another image to frame an image. Thanks for joining us at Love to Scrap! Challenge Blog
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card :) I like how you framed the image too :) Thank you for joining us at Jo's this week for Funday Friday.
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the card and the image.
    Thanks for playing with us at Craft your Passion. Good luck
    xxx Michelle (DT)

    ReplyDelete