About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Anything Goes Challenge at Fitztown this Week



I am excited about this week's challenge at Fitztown,  anything goes.  I thought I would play around with my gelli plate and stencils for this mix media board.  I thought Morgan Fitzsimons' image of called Fae 9 would make a good center  image for my project.  You can find this image and many more by Morgan here

Once I had my background created with my Gelli plate, acrylic paint and stencils I added my image that I had coloured with Copic markers.  The butterflies were layered to give the project some depth. Glitter was added to the image for sparkle and some pieces of Washi tape to add more interest. 

My final step was to added the sentiment which was something I created on the computer, printed on white tissue paper and decoupaged on to the mix media board.  To make the letters stand out I outlined them with a charcoal pencil. 

I hope you can join us this week.  Pop over to the Fitztown Challenge Blog and see the projects of the other members of the design team have made to inspire you.  


Judy


8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous Media Board thank you for joining us over at Suzy bee's Bloomin Challenge, we would love you to join us again next week, for another fab challenge....
    Hugs
    Suzy B DT
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did with the gelli plate for the background paper! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Creative Fingers Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab, unique background! Lovely card. Thanks for playing along with the current CraftyHands challenge. Sammy-x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fab media board.
    Thank you for playing with Creative Fingers this week. Jennyfer, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this project! So many great details that work so well with each other. I especially love the sentiment on the tissue paper...very clever!!
    Thanks so much for sharing this at CF. We hope to see you back very soon!
    hugs--
    Roberta
    Creative Fingers DT
    Queen Bee Paper Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 10: anything goes - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fabulous, your background really pops out! Thank you for joining us at Card Makin' Mamas, hope to see you soon! Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  8. your background is amazing. i received a gelli plate for christmas but have yet had time to play. great card. thanks for joining us on CraftyHands

    ReplyDelete