About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Monday, January 6, 2014

Stamping with Felt





I made this card using a technique from Technique Junkies called stamping on felt.   For technique you need a  rubber stamp that has a corresponding die cut.  Cut out a piece of felt with the die cut and then attach the cut out piece of felt to a block.  I used sticky tape to attach the felt but you could use Velcros.  

Once you have your felt stamp attached to the block, add alcohol ink in several colours to the stamp and then stamp on glossy card stock. I stamped my felt stamp several times getting different variations of the colour of the images as the piece of felt held less ink.  Using a stamp positioner to align the rubber stamp over the alcohol inked images I stamped the image then cut out the image with the matching die cut.   I used the following products on my card:


  • Designer paper - Nostalgic Essentials by Authentique
  • Sizzix Stamp and Diecut - Antique Flowers and Butterflies
  • Tim Holtz - Alcohol Inks
  • Stazon Ink 
Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day. 

Judy

I am entering this card in the following challenges. 

Crafty Boots -Anything Goes
Lexi's Creations - Anything Goes
Make it Monday - Always Anything Goes
Scrapbook Stamp Society Challenge Blog Anything goes
The Squirrel & the Fox - Anything Goes.


6 comments:

  1. Very pretty card Judy and a very interesting technique, thank you for sharing it. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Boots Challenges.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Judy
    Beautiful card ..love the butterflies. Interesting technique too thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow this is gorgeous Judy.

    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow this is stunning. The colours are wonderful and the dimension on the butterflies are scrumptious.
    Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy, this is beautiful! Stamping on felt!! Never tried that! Saw this at MIM, had to come take a closer look!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Judy, gorgeous card, love the colours on your pretty butterflies. That technique sounds intriguing too! Saw you on Make it Monday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete