About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Friday, January 10, 2014

Quilt Inspired Challenge


Get Inky Challenge Blog is having a quilt inspired challenge this week and this is the card I created for the challenge. From my stash I found this baby themed paper that I think I have had for probably 6 or 7 years.  The paper has squares of different baby related themes all on the one sheet so I just used a paper punch and created squares the size I needed for my background.  

I inked the edges of my squares and laid them down on my card in a pattern, then I added my digital image from Get Inky Stamps called spotted baby giraffe. Isn't it a cute image? 

To compete this card I added a metal tag and ribbon with my tag curler.  It had been a long time since I had the paper curler out but I do think it was a nice addition for this baby card.  

I hope you will join us at Get Inky Challenges this week.  Thank you for stopping to take a look and have a creative day.


Judy

I would like to enter this card in the following challenges:

4 Crafty Chicks - Bows
4 Krafty Girlz - Anything Goes
Crafter's Cafe - Anything goes
Nutcrafters -  Anything Goes
7 Kids College Fund - Anything goes
The Hobby House - Ribbons

5 comments:

  1. Ah how cute is this image! Super cute I say! I love, love, love all of your yummy pattern paper and the bows are a fantastic touch.Thank you so much for sharing you lovely creation with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic project! Thanks for joining us at 7KidsCollegeFund.com.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt card -love the cute image and mix of pretty papers-thanks for joining us at CraftyGirls
    Carol DT x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww super cute card :) Love this quilt layout....thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really cute card and a great background.

    Thanks for joining us at Nutcrafters.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete