About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Get Inky Challenge - Handmade Flowers

My turn to bring you some inspiration for this week's challenge at Get Inky! Challenge Blog.  The theme of this challenge is to add some handmade flowers to your project. Lots of room to be creative with this challenge.  Here is my card:  



My card features a sympathy sentiment digital stamp by Get Inky Stamps . You can find the stamp here.  To frame my card I used the Gold Majesty Circles Dies by Spellbinders. Distress ink was used to ink the edges of the frame and some glitter on the hearts. The stamp is just perfect to show your sympathy to someone who is suffering a loss. Here is a view of the stamp close up.


My flowers were made with a Martha Stewart Hydrangea punch.  I cut them out of white card stock. I scrunched up the flower to give them some shape then layered them and coloured them with ink and glitter. To complete my card I added some bling from my stash. 



Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope you enjoyed my card.  Check out Get Inky Stamps sentiment stamps.  They have some  wonderful designs..  Hope to see you join us this week for Get Inky! "Handmade Flowers" challenge

Judy 

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Shopping Our Stash - Winter Blues
Through The Craft Room Door - Always Anything Goes
Card Mania - Anything Goes
Kaboodle Doodles - Use Blue

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful design and lovely handmade flowers! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Judy! I love that die and your flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us for the "Winter Blues" challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is a nice subdued elegance to this card. I love your homemade flowers. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. amazing die-cut, wonderful shading, great flowers!!
    Thank you for sharing with us at TTCRD,
    xxx
    Riette, DT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such pretty hand-made flowers! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! So perfect for someone who is grieving. Thanks for playing along at Shopping Our Stash.
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete