About Me

My photo
Okanagan, BC, Canada
Welcome to my crafting blog. After retirement, my husband and I moved to a beautiful location in the Okanagan area of British Columbia. I love all paper crafts including mixed media, journaling and cards. I also dabble in papermaking, photography, fibre art, and altered books. I am an active member of several card and mixed media groups and on the design team of several challenge blog. I love the world of blogging, it has opened many doors for me. My favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” I hope you join me in my search for my creative side. Thanks for stopping by!

Followers

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Heart Breaker , Dream Maker, Love Taker



Happy New Years.  Welcome to Come and Get it Challenges first challenge of 2014.  This week the theme of the challenge is "Something New".  Our sponsor this week is the Stamping Boutique and they have a wonderful prize for one lucky winner. 



store


My something new is this lovely digital stamp by our sponsor, The Stamping Boutique called Princess Jennifer Latte - Heart Breaker.  I printed the sentiment on my computer and took the words from the song Heartbreaker by Pat Benatar. I thought the song went well with the image. The card was coloured with a glitter pen and Copic Markers. The extra hearts that I added  were cut with the  Nestabilities heart die set and the stenciled.

Hope you will join us this week. Thank you for stopping by and have a creative day.  Remember my  favourite quote is by Maya Angelou. “You can’t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.”


Judy

I am entering this card in the following challenges: 

Colour Me Creative Challenge - Anything Goes
Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenge - Anything Goes
A Creative Romance - Something New
Creative Fingers - Anything Goes
Delicious Doodles - Layer Up


11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful creation, thank you for joining us over at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge #10 anything goes, we would love it if you could join in with us again next week, for another fab challenge....
    Hugs
    Suzy B (Owner)
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hearts. Thanks for sharing your lovely card for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 10: anything goes - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. How FUN! colors are poppin
    so glad you joined us at the CMC Challenge
    Linda CMC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun card. Love the broken heart! Thanks for playing along with out anything goes challenge at Color Me Creative.
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is really cute, love the hearts! Thanks for joining us at Suzy Bee's Bloomin' Challenges!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fun card. Great use of embellishments. Thanks for sharing it at Creative Fingers. Leona (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card. I love the image. Thank you for joining the challenge at Creative Fingers

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sad yet lovely card you've made! Those hearts are really broken... nice composition for sure!
    Thank you for sharing your artwork at Creative Fingers!
    hugs, Rita DT member

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Delicious Doodles Challenge this week of “Layer it up”. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Delicious Doodles Challenge Blog Design Team Member)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty card. Nicely colored. Thanks for playing at Suzy Bee's Bloomin Challenge. Good luck. We hope to see you next challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A gorgeous card, thank you for sharing with us at ACR
    HUGZ Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete